Tuesday, June 30, 2009

wet into wet


Showing the use of 'wet into wet' paint, which means that the colours blend well with soft edges. Note that I am not a lover of miniscule detail and enjoy using a very large (size 16) Kolinsky squirrel hair brush. These brushes hold a fantastic amount of liquid. This is important for me as I often work on large format paper. Though huge, this brush has a very fine tapering point as you can see, so I can also use it for smaller stuff. If I wasn't adding the occasional small detail on this painting, such as the eyes, I would happily enjoy the simplicity of using just the one brush. Not for me a mountain of differing-sized brushes, I like a bold painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illustration for upcoming 'Lake District Map'

Hand-drawn in brush pen with digital colour.  © Peter Gander