Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The next postcard... ‘Vintage in Ventnor’


As I mentioned in a previous post, my girlfriend Fiona has a little 1960s chalet/bungalow down by the sea near Ventnor in south-east of the Isle of Wight, which for my foreign blog readers’ benefit, is positioned just off the south coast of the UK. It’s a charming place with a unique atmosphere and gorgeous coastline. Anyway, Fiona’s friends Helen and Frazer run Vintage Vacations there, a retro experience whether you choose to holiday in an authentic American Airstream trailer, beach shack, tin tabernacle or 1960s holiday bungalow. See http://www.vintagevacations.co.uk/frontpage.htm What better place for a Peter Gander-style postcard, I was thinking, so this morning after completing ‘Hutspots’ last night, I got sketching again. The bottom left scamp is my favourite, the composition is sweet and natural. I’ll be working that up into a bigger sketch, full-page size very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illustration for upcoming 'Lake District Map'

Hand-drawn in brush pen with digital colour.  © Peter Gander