Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Man catches fish, fish swallows man


Blue and black Biro sketch combining two subjects very close to my heart, drawing and fishing! Sketched on the train to work this morning. A defiantly stubborn fly fisherman keeps hold of his catch, despite the fact that he's been swallowed whole by a hungry giant carp. Will make a great painting someday when I've finished my current round of postcard paintings. Note that I initially drew the carp's adipose/soft dorsal fin, (near the tail) wrongly, but this is a sketch, so it stayed in. I also forgot his whiskers, so characteristic of the carp, but it's more a fantasy fish than representative, so accuracy is unimportant.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illustration for upcoming 'Lake District Map'

Hand-drawn in brush pen with digital colour.  © Peter Gander